Top Land clearing and Excavation company in Alberta
Wild Rose Land Clearing is the leading land clearing and excavation company in Alberta. We dedicate ourselves to consistently providing the best service in Alberta without breaking the bank.
Services We Provide
Whether you are clearing 1 acre for a new home site or clearing hundreds acres for a development.
Excavation & Grading
Complete land preparation, including moving cut/fill onsite, exporting excess, or importing structural fill material.
Forestry mulching is a way of completely preserving the ground beneath us, while taking away all of the unwanted, out of control, brush above
Pond & Waterfall Construction
Transform any outdoor space with a beautiful water feature on your property
We’re here to help!
Land needs to be leveled for any type of building or construction to take place. If the property to be leveled has trees and other vegetation, our land clearing service would be required before we can begin to level/grade your property.
Once the property is clear, our land leveling and grading service typically involves building up the area with fill dirt that is brought in, and/or excavated from higher sections of the land being graded. Once the area has been prepared, we’ll do a rough grading using a scraper or bulldozer, followed up by our grader to create a finish grade with the precision required. If you require very precise leveling, we’ll need to use our laser grading technique.
Get your Land Clearing Estimate
At Wild Rose Excavating, we are experts in all things land clearing. Our professional team has the experience and industry know-how to any area and prepare it for whatever you need. As one of the best land clearing companies serving Alberta and the surrounding areas, we blend time-tested methods with innovative approaches to accomplish your product on time and under budget.
Our friendly and knowledgeable staff can tackle any land clearing project, regardless of the size. We strive for excellence in the world of land clearing and customer service.
Your Alberta Land Clearing Experts
As the go-to destination for Alberta residents’ land clearing needs, we train our team to know the industry’s ins and outs so that we can flawlessly complete your project, exactly the way you were hoping. Our team consists of some of the best-trained land clearing experts who know how to tackle any land clearing project. Contact us today to begin your next land clearing project.
We are always available for our clients. We know that your time is valuable, and we don’t like to make people wait. If you have questions or need assistance, give us a call or use our website’s convenient request form, and a helpful team member will promptly respond to your query.
One of our company’s goals is always to be upfront and honest with customers. We gladly offer no-obligation estimates for all concrete projects. With us, you never have to worry about budget surprises.
We design our land clearing services to be some of the best in the industry. We offer Alberta residents a wide range of quality services for their residential and commercial properties.
Our company is fully licensed, insured, and bonded, so you never have to worry about being stuck with an unfinished project or financial liabilities. As a professional contractor, we take the business seriously and will develop your project to the end.
Excavation And Grading
Site grading is a technique used by excavation professionals to adjust the slope of an area prior to building construction. Before a new structure is erected, evening out the surface through grading can provide a stronger, more even foundation.
How Is Site Grading Performed?
For both commercial and residential applications, professional engineers may need to weigh in on the site to determine whether it will require grading to achieve a level base. Factors like soil composition and moisture levels will be considered to assess the scope of the project. If site grading is indeed required, an excavation services team will need to be hired to perform the work. They’ll use heavy machinery like bulldozers and excavators to prepare the surface for leveling, then go in with a grader to achieve an even finish.
What Is Site Grading Used For?
In addition to leveling out the ground to provide a sturdy foundation for construction sites, grading is also used to direct the flow of runoff water. When sites aren’t properly engineered, it can cause problems to a home or commercial building and its surrounding property. Issues like erosion, foundation damage, and basement flooding can all occur when properties aren’t graded to facilitate proper drainage.
Grading a piece of property so water flows away from buildings usually requires the construction of a slope of at least 5%. This translates to a six-inch drop in height over a 10-foot distance away from the building. While some excavation experts can grade surfaces using less of a slope successfully, this is the general rule of thumb many general contractors follow to ensure effective runoff.
Forestry Mulching & Grading
Forestry Mulching, another word for land clearing, is a method of landscape clearing that is efficient and Eco-friendly. The mulching machine shreds up all types of vegetation, leaving behind natural “mulch” which is good for the ecosystem. Broken-down vegetation is reintroduced into the soil, making it richer and more fertile. This method of clearing is much faster and more efficient than clearing areas by hand and our mulching machine can be used to clear large areas of unwanted trees, shrubs, and other brush in a short amount of time.
- Nature Trail Creation Local parks, recreation centers, hunting areas, bike paths, and more. This mulching machine is a much more efficient way to clear an area, creating a path in one pass.
- Tree Removal A chainsaw is not the only way to remove trees! The forestry mulcher uses its sharp teeth to grind up trees from the top down or once they have already fallen. Check the video below for a demonstration.
- Invasive Species Removal Is an invasive species taking over your property? These plants are called invasive for a reason. They spread quickly, are hard to get rid of and are not natural to the habitat they are in, and removing them by hand can only get you so far. These plants need to be removed down to the roots to avoid future spreading. The mulcher chews up the invasive plant and turns it back into nutrients for the soil! Talk about environmentally friendly.
- Fence and Property Line Clearing Get rid of those pesky sucker trees that line your fencing with the forestry mulcher. There will be no hauling off debris, stump grinding, or clean up involved…just shredded up vegetation which is good for your soil!
- Real Estate Beautification Have a vacant lot that you are trying to sell? Is it overgrown and ugly? Been on the market for too long? Time to get that mulcher out there to clear it out, give it some curb appeal, and make it sell-able again. Show buyers the vision that the property could be.
- Wildfire Prevention Proactive mulching can help prevent wildfires by reducing the amount of leafy plants, dry brush, and other fuel sources on the forest floor. If left untreated, these fuel sources have a higher chance to catch fire and spread to the forest canopy.
- Debris Mulching Instead of hauling away piles of debris and vegetation, let the mulcher do the heavy lifting for you! You will save on disposal fees and a huge back ache. You will also create natural mulch that can be used in other areas of your landscape.
- Right-of-way Clearing Ever wonder how they clear those long paths for roads, pipelines, and utility lines? The answer is forestry mulching. This process often includes clearing of trees, stumps, and other vegetation.
Pond & Waterfall Construction
Transform your ho-hum backyard into a vibrant ecosystem with a gorgeous pond, babbling stream, or splashing waterfall. A small body of water makes a large impact, increasing the diversity of your landscape by attracting wildlife big and small. Not only does a natural source of water serve as an important draw for creatures, but it makes a dramatic statement and immediately increases the appeal of a home’s landscape.
Our team builds impressive water elements and works to incorporate natural plants, lawn alternatives, and stunning design features to create a cohesive overall look. We determine how best to utilize the available space, using the constraints of the property and the surrounding area to make design choices that are both innovative and seamless.
Ponds are one of the most rewarding features you can add to a backyard or patio.
Imagine stepping outside your home into your very own backyard oasis, complete with a beautiful water garden or koi pond.
Sit back, relax, and enjoy the soothing sights and sounds of running water and beautiful koi fish.
Our Ponds are self-sustaining, require very little maintenance, and provide an opportunity to have koi fish as pets, without the regular upkeep of an indoor aquarium. Pond plants give you the chance to broaden your gardening horizons with choices that go beyond the standard petunia and rose. Bird lovers will delight in the new variety of feathered friends that flock to a water feature.
Spend quality time relaxing by your water garden with family and friends.